ADVANCED LEGAL ENGLISH COURSE B2/C1
The Legal English B2/C1 course aims to polish up your Legal English in all four language skills: reading, writing, understanding and speaking in law office scenarios. The fields of law instructed focus on the professional interests of the participants. This is also an exam preparation course for the TOLES exam. (ILEC has been withdrawn.)
TARGET GROUP FOR LEGAL ENGLISH COURSE B2/C1
Lawyers and Legal Assistants who need to improve their English skills for their work. In addition, they often require certification of their English language skills. For this reason, we offer you this Legal English course B2 / C1.
OBJECTIVES AND BENEFITS
Your language skills will be significantly strengthened so you can confidently engage in different situations, such as explaining to clients and discussing with colleagues. Your improved understanding of spoken English will be useful for discussing legal issues in interviews, discussions and presentations.
You will write correct and fluent legal correspondence and/or memoranda. You will also read and understand more efficiently legal and commercial texts, legal correspondence and law articles. You will greatly improve your terminology and many of the language-related aspects of your work.
PHASE 1 READING AND WRITING
- Legal correspondence by email to clients and lawyer colleagues.
- Global understanding of dialogues: from lawyer to lawyer, lawyer-cum-client, law firm presentation.
- Replying to a letter before taking action; drafting an email summarizing options; client-service letters, e.g. giving advice; writing a letter in which allegations are defended or denied.
- Legal terminology related to your focus. e.g. contract law, tort, commercial law, real estate law, EU law.
- Grammar and punctuation in legal contexts.
PHASE 2 SPEAKING AND LISTENING
- Brief presentations
- Lawyer-cum-client interviews: explaining legal issues, terms & conditions to clients.
- Case reviewing
- Practical simulations of the topics mentioned above.
- Using English on the phone: processing, advising, explaining, negotiating.
- Podcasts: attorney talks, reports, presentations and interviews.
- Recorded real-life situations such as board meetings, meetings with business consultants, interviews with lawyers and clients.
- Additional legal terminology from your specific legal focus and / or contract law, tort, commercial law, corporate law, real estate. law and EU law.
- Grammar and voice feedback.
The ability to continue on to TOLES (Test Of Legal English Skills) exam qualification for many jobs requiring Legal English.
A wealth of additional material and analysis of your progress.
YOUR LANGUAGE INSTRUCTOR
As a participant in an ABLE workshop, you will receive the best possible support from your language trainers, who have already gained several years of experience in workshops and courses in prestigious law firms.
SERVICE WITH A SMILE
ABLE attaches great importance to your well-being after the course. Therefore, your language teacher can advise you in the event of a “language crisis” on request by e-mail. Of course, you will receive a certificate after completing each module. An assessment of your progress will be included on request for your employer or application dossier at the end of the workshop.
Reading and listening, speaking and writing – this course will offer many factors needed to take your English skills to the next level. With just one click and a few details about yourself, you will be a step closer to your goal!
You may also start with the less advanced course “Legal English B1“.
Sign up today!