THE RIGHT TONE ON THE PHONE: PHONING FOR THE LAW FIRM
Scenario 1: You are a trained legal assistant, lawyer’s or notary assistant, paralegal or a foreign-language multilingual assistant. Do you speak relatively fluent English?
Part of your job is, of course, PHONING FOR THE LAW FIRM: Nevertheless, you do not want to take too many risks on important calls. You want to avoid all possible misunderstandings. For a reasonable price, you will gain the confidence you are looking for.
Scenario 2: You sometimes have to deal with callers with awkward, stressful personalities, non-native speakers and a variety of “telephoning styles”, which may throw you off balance? Over to ABLE…
Scenario 3: Occasionally a caller cannot express him- or herself. Poor English, strange accent, weak pronunciation. Let’s be frank: switching from your native language suddenly to English is no easy task.
Let’s show you how to do it.
Our course “PHONING FOR THE LAW OFFICE: THE RIGHT TONE ON THE PHONE” is exactly the right workshop for you.
WHAT DO I LEARN IN THIS COURSE?
In the first part of the workshop, “Legal English for Telephone Calls” you will use typical telephone phrases and standard phrases – one-to-one, in pairs and in small closed groups.
The aim is to prepare you for everyday job situations. You will practise strategies for problematic everyday matters, e.g. emotional, rude or unclear callers.
In the second part, you will call English-speaking contact persons so you can immediately practise what you have learned.
You will receive constructive tips on how to be more efficient and correct.
You will become familiar with English-language callers. You will learn about differences in calling habits between Great Britain, the United States, and Germany.
You will also train your telephone voice, as a “German” voice may sound monotonous during longer conversations. You should, of course, sound fresh, lively and friendly. This also helps to cover up small mistakes.
EXAMPLES OF “PHONING FOR THE LAW FIRM” SCENARIOS:
- Above all, you will practise calls important for you.
- Delight every caller with your positive, confident manner.
- Your helpfulness, patience and considerate manner as well as your sovereignty will convince the conversation partner.
- Of course, you also practise scheduling: agreeing, postponing, bringing forward and cancelling meetings, conferences and appointments.
- You will receive important tips on how to treat the client individually and win her/him over at the same time.
- You will practise how to deal with the negative reactions of your callers.
- You will also learn how to cope with fast or unclear, even rude callers.
- Soon you will be fitter for making small talk, when you need it.
- Your manner will soon become more relaxed, friendlier on the phone.
YOUR BENEFIT AS YOUR COLLEAGUE’S SUPERIOR
Equipped with the workshop knowledge and practice gained from “PHONING FOR THE LAW FIRM”, your assistants will handle all incoming calls more confidently. English-speaking callers will immediately recognize that your law firm is a professional and client-friendly managed law firm.