LEGAL ENGLISH OFFICE COMMUNICATION FOR LAW FIRM STAFF
ENGLISH OFFICE SKILLS FOR LAW FIRM STAFF
You work in the field of law as a Legal Assistant, Paralegal or Lawyer. You need to polish up your Legal English? You have no time to refresh your English via general English courses; you need an individual subject course, a course that gives you the necessary Legal Office skills for you as an advanced beginner or advanced learner? Then our courses for Legal English level B1 or B2 are exactly the right choice for you!
Register today to brush up your business and / or legal English.
In this course, you’ll practise how to make short, professional phone calls; to write professional e-mails; to serve your law firm in English. Practise grammar.
Become familiar with the terminology of legal/business correspondence. Practise dictation.
Get many useful tips on spelling and punctuation.
Take a final exam, if you so wish. You will receive a certificate documenting your new higher level.
Qualified native-speaker professionals will teach you individual course content in practical scenarios.
Now you won’t slip up on the international stage!
BEST‐PRACTICE STANDARDS IN E‐MAILS
- Structure of an email or a client letter.
- Differences between emails or formal letters.
- The perfect paragraph and its corresponding format.
- Structuring your letters: structure and content.
- Signposts (structural pointers) in legal correspondence.
ENGLISH SPELLING AND PUNCTUATION
- Exercises for mastering English spelling.
- Punctuation: “Oh! The comma is not the same in every language.”
- Upper case or lower case in Legal English.
THE RIGHT TONE ON THE PHONE
- Input: practising dialogues/dialogs between native speakers.
- Input and practice: “set phrases” on the phone.
- Input: The structure of typical law office calls.
- Practice: standard office calls; forwarding; apologising in the case of absence; scheduling; hotel and flight bookings.
- Input and practice: dealing with “unclear/difficult/too fast” English-speaking clients or lawyers.
- Tips: How do I keep cool on the phone?
E-MAILS IN EVERYDAY OFFICE LIFE.
Your cooperation is needed here. Before taking the course, you are invited to send ABLE your e-mail requests. We will integrate these directly into the workshop.
GRAMMAR AND STRUCTURE
- Revision of the most important tenses used in phone calls, e-mails and client support
- English sentence structure
- Indirect speech, e.g. “The defendant maintained he had been at home that evening.”
- Using online and offline dictionaries.
- “How do I create a glossary for my work in the law firm?”
- Successful introduction to English office communication with international clients, customers and law office business partners.
- Feedback on language skills through internationally recognized certification.
- Furthermore, the international image of the law firm/company will be cultivated and maintained. With new language skills and secure presence in Legal or Business English, law firm staff and lawyers will gain a maximum of professionalism.
- With the help of this workshop the law firm staff will become more self-confident or eloquent in Legal English on the international stage for the law firm.
THE COURSE CONTENT IS TAILORED TO YOUR NEEDS
Learn exactly what you need in the company or in the law office for dealing with English-speaking partners and customers, clients and colleagues in English language skills. The starting point is your current level. Don’t waste time on content that you already know. Learn exactly what you need in the company or law office for dealing with English-speaking partners and customers, clients and colleagues.
How to increase your language skills in the language course at ABLE
The teaching method, Activating Learning, is fun for the participants and produces successful, efficient results. This method is based totally on the learner’s needs. In specific, useful learning scenarios, the language trainer will guide the participants. He/she will prepare you with simple instructions and will assist the participants constructively with tips, feedback and correction.
You have a question? Just send us a message. We’ll be happy to advise you!
Please make your request via the CONTACT box.