ENGLISH FOR NURSING
Due to cost pressure all over Europe, hospitals and rehabilitation centres seek “patients” from abroad. More and more are coming to Europe for a higher standard of treatment. These patients have the right to treatment in English, a language they mostly understand.
Furthermore, EU citizens, for example, now have the right to choose a hospital or doctor in another EU country. The long waiting times in the UK mean British people use this opportunity.
ENGLISH FOR DOCTORS AND NURSES
Foreign patients’ well-being is improved when doctors and nurses can communicate directly in English. Of course, you cannot expect a patient to do a foreign-language course before a hospital visit. But, as a nurse or a doctor, you can improve communication with the patient enormously after: “English for Nursing“.
You will learn how to explain customary patient procedures in English. The focus is less on grammar; the stress is on communication and not perfection. You will learn to simulate the activities of your profession accurately. Besides, a little small talk to make the patient feel comfortable is always a good policy.
EXAMPLES OF “ENGLISH FOR NURSING” CONTENT
- Welcoming patients at admission
- Scenarios such as explaining an operation to the patient
- Describing treatment/symptoms
- Explaining use of medical equipment during treatment
- Giving instructions to patients
- Noting observations of patients’ remarks
- Answering questions related to the patient’s post-surgery behaviour
- Showing compassion, talking about pain and discomfort
- Giving information about the use of intravenous devices and further treatment steps
Patient care is becoming increasingly important today. With the “English for Nursing and Doctors’ course, you will have a perfect foundation. Take your professional future into your own hands and opt for an English course that deals explicitly with your profession.
Contact us today for more information!